KTK/Rav/11 Abzan

Dedicated to ATXMTG Build Your Own Standard play. BYOS is constructed format in which players choose two blocks and a core set, then brew!

KTK/Rav/11 Abzan

Postby azavoluk » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:06 pm

Main

4 Siege Rhino
4 Duress
3 Abzan Charm
2 Anafenza, the Foremost
4 Dark Confidant
4 Den Protector
2 Secure the Wastes
2 Ultimate Price
3 Castigate
3 Birds of Paradise
2 Warden of the First Tree
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Godless Shrine
4 Temple Garden
4 Windswept Heath
3 Swamp
2 Plains
2 Forest
1 Murderous Cut
1 Loaming Shaman
1 Loxodon Hierarch
1 Faith's Fetters
Sideboard:
1 Castigate
1 Obstinate Baloth
2 Mastery of the Unseen
2 Leyline of the Void
3 Seed Spark
1 Silkwrap
2 Virulent Plague
1 Suspension Field
1 Garruk Wildspeaker
1 Abzan Charm

This deck would have benefited from me doing enough research to find O-ring is in core sets and getting that, rather than 1 obstinate baloth and 1 garruk being my only core set cards and seeing basically no play.

Match 1 vs Jeskai trenches control. Games 1 and 2 we exchange mana flood. Game 3 ends with a tight race involving aetherling, warden of the first tree, removal, and some poor luck on my part (shuffle in a dozen cards with loaming shaman, topdeck land).

Match 2 vs RG land destruction. Game 1 I lucksack into drawing 4 out of my 7 basics, including using den protector to get back a forest, against a wasteland/crucible opening. Dark confidant draws me through plow under and I eventually beat past his bears with den protector. Game 1 I hit some discard against a slower opening, but end up in a close race as he misplays, allowing me to efficiently trade secure the waste tokens for hermit druid and friends.

Match 3 vs 5 color control. Game 1 I get stuck on one land + birds, both of which get destroyed, for about 5 turns, despite bob in play. Game 2 and 3 I take his hand apart and out-muscle him on the board.

Math 4 vs black devotion. Game 1 mana flooded. Game 2 Gray Merchant happens.

Overall: 2-2
azavoluk

Return to ATXMTG "Build Your Own Standard" League and Tourneys