New York Yankees pitcher Sonny Gray

A board dedicated to Austin's up and coming Vintage league play. Includes overview, standings, results, and other relevant information.

New York Yankees pitcher Sonny Gray

Postby laiyongcai92 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:56 pm

has drawn interest from teams ahead of the trade deadline but is reportedly unlikely to be traded.Jon Heyman of FanCred reported the Yankees' "main interest is in adding to rotation Stephen Strasburg Jersey , not subtracting from it."Gray, 28, has been the subject of scorn all season from Yankees fans due to his poor performance. He's 7-7 with a 5.34 ERA and 1.49 WHIP, clearly struggling with the brighter New York spotlight.The Yankees are likely encouraged by his last two starts, both wins in which he allowed just three runs (two earned) over 11.1 innings of work. Equipped with perhaps the best lineup in baseball, the Yankees don't need Gray to do much; they just need him to get into quality start territory before turning the ball over to the bullpen."You go through things at times and it's how you respond," Gray saidtold reporters. "I feel like I'm a realistic person, I can read the writing on the wall. I feel like I'm somewhat of a smart guy. I'm not a baseball player. I'm a human being that plays baseball."It's the old cliche: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results," he added. "When I say I'm learning to flush it and go to the next hitter, I'm not letting things get to me."You have to learn to control it within the game http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-gio-gonzalez-jersey , and that is very challenging."Odds are the Yankees will trade for another starter to lessen the burden onLuis Severinoand the aging CC Sabathia.Gray, who was supposed to be that fortifying rotation piece when he was acquired a year ago from the Oakland Athletics, could find himself on the outside of the rotation looking in if he struggles in the second half. But based on the reporting here, it doesn't appear the Yankees are prepared to give up on him just yet. MIAMI (AP) — Matt Carpenter leaped into a high-five with Yadier Molina at home plate, trotted down the dugout steps and skipped from one end of the bench to the other, slapping hands with teammates lined up on both sides of him.It was a routine polished by practice.The NL home run leader hit a tiebreaking homer for the second consecutive night Wednesday, and the St. Louis Cardinals won their fourth series in a row by beating Miami 7-1.Carpenter put St. Louis ahead with a home run leading off the sixth inning, his 31st. His eighth-inning homer Tuesday helped beat Miami 3-2, and he has homered in five of the past six games, to the delight of his teammates.“Obviously they’re fired up and love it Anthony Rendon Jersey , and we’re winning,” Carpenter said. “We’ve played really well the last few series, so there’s a lot of excitement and energy in the clubhouse every day.”Said shortstop Paul DeJong: “If Carp doesn’t hit a home run, I don’t know if we could win.”Carpenter, who has raised his average from .140 on May 15 to .281, has resisted analyzing the remarkable turnaround.“There’s really not a lot of thought,” he said. “That’s kind of the beauty of this stretch I’m in. It has been a learning experience for me, because when you’re struggling there’s so much thought. I just go up there, I’m looking for a pitch to hit, and I hit it and jog around the bases.”John Gant (4-4) pitched six innings and allowed one run http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-daniel-murphy-jersey , which scored in part because of a defensive lapse. He and three relievers combined to retire 21 batters in a row.Molina hit his 15th homer in the first and doubled home two runs in the ninth . The double came after Carpenter was intentionally walked for the 11th time this year.“It’s an option for them,” Cardinals interim manager Mike Shildt said. “We like Matt hitting, and we have no problem with Yadi hitting.”Marcell Ozuna doubled home a run in the sixth and went 6 for 11 in the series against his former team. The Cardinals improved to 13-9 under Shildt.Trevor Richards (3-7) allowed three runs in 5 2/3 innings for the last-place Marlins, who have lost eight of their past nine games.“We know where we are in the standings,” shortstop Miguel Rojas said. “We need to identify who we want to be, and I think that starts with playing better baseball and trying to finish hard.”WORTHY OF A REPLAYDeJong hit a two-run double and made a leaping catch to rob Magneuris Sierra of a hit.“Honestly it might be one of the best plays I’ve ever made,” DeJong said. “I was pretty excited about that one.”TRAINER’S ROOMCardinals: Pinch runner Harrison Bader was shaken up on a headfirst slide in the eighth inning, but stayed in the game and scored. Afterward he said he was fine.Marlins: Rookie CF Lewis Brinson (right hip) is expected to begin taking live batting practice next week, and the Marlins hope he can return for another 100 at-bats or so before the end of the season, manager Don Mattingly said.UP NEXTCardinals: Following a day off Adam Eaton Jersey , the Cardinals open a three-game series at Kansas City, with LHP Austin Gomber (1-0, 4.10 ERA) scheduled to pitch Friday.Marlins: Miami opens a three-game series at home Friday against the Mets, with RHP Jose Urena (3-11, 4.66) scheduled to start the series opener.
laiyongcai92

Return to ATXMTG Vintage League