Help ATXMTG.net improve - suggest changes and features

Site updates and announcements.

Help ATXMTG.net improve - suggest changes and features

Postby eldashgato » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:14 am

Hi folks,

As I write this, we're about 9 months into the experiment that is ATXMTG.net. The buildup has been slow -- non-existent, if we're being honest -- primarily because the MTG player base in Austin tends to use Facebook for discussion, spoilers, sharing decks, etc. Of course, I understand where these players are coming from, because I myself mostly use Facebook and Twitter to share MTG content with others. The main ATX Magic group on Facebook has around 150 players, and then there are several smaller Facebook groups associated with different game shops, such as Dragon's Lair and Pat's Games. Obviously, these groups are great for forging connections between players around town.

All the same, it currently costs me only $10.00 annually to keep these boards going, so I plan on renewing the domain for another year when it comes time. Still, it'd be nice if we could draw more people to these boards and improve the user experience. Web forums currently play a huge role in building and sustaining MTG communities all over the world, and I'm a little puzzled that so few people show an interest in these, given how large the MTG player base in Austin is. Facebook and Twitter are perfect for sharing spoilers and other information, but on the face of it, actual web forums are a better place to discuss deck building than social media websites allow.

Maybe web forums are a relic and I'm chasing a pipe dream here, but I'm hopeful that there's a way to see these boards grow. So, to put this to the folks who actually do frequent this website, as well as lurkers and newer members:

What would you like to see? What could we, the admin/mod staff, do to really reel you in and keep you coming back for more? New layouts? New features? Seriously, I'm up for whatever. Throw some ideas at us.
eldashgato
Site Admin

Return to ATXMTG Official Announcements