ATXMTG.net up and running!

Site updates and announcements.

ATXMTG.net up and running!

Postby eldashgato » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:35 am

A year or two ago, Pat's Games had forums similar to these on their website. For various reasons they shut the boards down, but general consensus among local MTG players is that they were nice to have around. About a month ago, I had the idea to bring ATX-centric Magic forums back to the community, which is why I created this site with input from local players. After a well-spent week of buying the domain name, installing forum software, and hacking/modding it up to introduce neat features, I figure it's time to promote ATXMTG.net to a wider audience.

At the moment, we are allowing anyone to join and begin posting, in order to get things rolling. This will eventually change, as spambots are a huge problem. Please read the forum rules before posting, in any case.

We're still looking for a few people to handle moderation duties, as well as folks who are willing to track down and post (in a nice, clear way) tournament schedules for local game stores in Austin, in the ATX in MTG forum. Specifically, for each store we're looking for:

• store info - where it's at, when it's open, etc.
  • weekly tourney schedule
  • constructed formats, as well as any regular EDH/Commander meetups
  • entry fees
  • payouts
  • store policies about food, drink, language, etc.

If there are certain features or forums you would like to see introduced, let me know in the comments and I'll look into it.
eldashgato
Site Admin

Return to ATXMTG Official Announcements