TezzMUD

Share and discuss Legacy decks, strategies, etc.

TezzMUD

Postby Doktor_Sleepless » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:13 pm

So, the power of MOD has left me these forums to share things with the southern MtG crowd, and I thought I should share this list I've been brewing. I think it's a doozy. After realizing that Goblin Welder is sweet but Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas is sweeter, the idea was born.

[deck]4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
3 Mox Diamond
1 Mox Opal
4 Chalice of the Void
3 Grim Monolith
2 Spellskite
1 Lightning Greaves
2 Baleful Strix
4 Metalworker
1 Staff of Domination
4 Kuldotha Forgemaster
3 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Steel Hellkite
1 Duplicant
1 Spine of Ish Sah
1 Platinum Emperion
1 Blightsteel Colossus
4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Traitors
4 Vault of Whispers
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Darkslick Shores
1 Buried Ruin
1 Academy Ruins
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth[/deck]

This obviously needs some testing and tweaking. It's possible it wants more or fewer Baleful Strix. Ditto to Mox Opal. It may also want to go a little more control-y, with Ensnaring Bridges and Staff of Nins and Liliana of The Veils and Trinispheres and Thoughtcasts to better control the board and maintain card advantage. I wanted to test a more classical MUD beatdown deck, while attempting to fit the UB splash into the mana base to support Tezzeret. The hope here is for the classically explosive MUD hand, with Tezzeret as a backup option. A good open would be Sol Land into Chalice of the void on 1, then Artifact land and Mox Opal or Mox Diamond and Land to play Tezzeret. Or, alternately, Mox Diamond and Land for Metalworker. Or, simply 2 Sol Land, Chalice of the Void, Land, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Grim Monolith, Tezzeret. Everything is playable but Tezzeret, and as long as you play your colored land last, you should ideally have drawn more mana to either cast Tezzeret or to hardcast 6 drops.
Doktor_Sleepless

Re: TezzMUD

Postby eldashgato » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:43 am

Definitely ignorant here, but how is this different from your run-of-the-mill Tezz list?
eldashgato
Site Admin

Re: TezzMUD

Postby Doktor_Sleepless » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Clearly you are missing the Metalworker package, which lets this take the additional axis of big mana early (turn 1 or 2 metalworker, followed by a fattie... Baleful Strix actually powers up metalworker even though metalworker can't cast it...)

Compare this to the Tezz Helm list that just did well and look at how different this is. No thopter foundry, no leyline, no helm, etc.
Doktor_Sleepless

Return to Legacy