Austin EDH League

For Elder Dragon Highlander (EDH) and Commander players.

Moderator: Doktor_Sleepless

Austin EDH League

Postby Doktor_Sleepless » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:04 pm

There have been a few attempts in the time I've been in Austin to start up an EDH league, but none has ever taken off. I'm ready to raise the possibility again. Here's my proposal:

The Austin EDH League would meet twice monthly, on the second and fourth Sunday of the month.The entry fee would be $3. Players would play in pods of 4 (3 if pods of 4 can't be formed), and the first season's scoring would follow Armada Games EDH League rules (Please read them). Details regarding how points would be scored will follow in a moment. The league will be primarily encouraging casual, friendly magic playing with the minor competitive encouragement of making $3 for 3 hours of play.

3 Rounds would be played each night, with each round lasting 55 minutes. During the round, any player who notices a point being scored by themselves or any other player may declare the point. If another player inspects and confirms, the point is marked. At the end of each night, scores would be totaled from all three rounds, and the top half of players would get $6. In the event of an odd number of players, the player with the lowest score gets their entry fee back. Score sheets would be distributed at the beginning of the evening, obviously.

Thoughts?
The meeting time would probably be early evening. I'm totally flexible there, but since I've proposed Sunday I'll go out on a limb and say maybe people would like to be home reasonably early.
Doktor_Sleepless

Return to EDH / Commander