MapleStory M is available on the Play Store

MapleStory M is available on the Play Store

Postby 4Rsercom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:05 pm

MapleStory M is Nexon's Most Up-to-date effort to deliver the MapleStory MMORPG into Android. Maplestory Mesos has since been eliminated, but that doesn't imply Nexon has given up on bringing the franchise to cellular. In October of 2016 MapleStory M was released in Korea, but there was no word about an English release. It looks like we know for sure that an English version is coming stateside as a public beta is up on the Play Store right now.

Now, one thing you will want to remember is that the current English record of MapleStory M will only be accessible on the Play Store before January 30th. The official launch is planned for sometime later this year. Therefore, in the event that you want to jump in the MMORPG gameplay, then you should do so post haste, as the clock is counting down. It's also worth pointing out that the game's servers will be wiped after this beta is finished, so any progress that you make in the sport will be lost when it is officially released. Luckily any in-app purchases which will undoubtedly be in the final release are not active for the beta, so there's no way to eliminate any cash while testing the title out.

If you're not familiar with MapleStory, it is an extremely popular Korean 2D MMORPG that has been accessible on PC since 2003. Yes it is super grindy, and yes it's extremely pay-to-win, but that's never appeared to stop any of its own fans. In terms of what sets MapleStory M besides its PC predecessor, well, not too much, and that is a fantastic thing. Sure there are a couple quality of life improvements for easier touchscreen controllers. One of these is the inclusion of a car questing button at the top left of this screen, just like you would expect to find in the majority of cellular MMOs on the market. Of course, any automobile characteristics are optional, so you're free to perform how you like, which is very good for those of us who intend on playing manually.

Oh, and if you're counting on any type of control support, the beta does not have any such feature. Perhaps this will probably be added in later, but that is probably a stretch because the game has been available in Korea for a little more than a year now, so far as I know, it doesn't have control support either.

All in all, I must say I was surprised to see MS2 Mesos show up on the Play Store with an English version. I'm even more excited since it is indeed a whole lot closer if not nearly exactly the same as the PC version. Sure the super grindy gameplay won't be for everybody, and there's absolutely no doubt that Nexon will probably be nickel and diming its fans once the game's IAPs are live in the final product. But despite all the normal complaints, there is something very endearing about the sport that is difficult to just shrug off.
4Rsercom

Return to Booster Draft